Thursday, June 26, 2008

Clear Below; Not So Above

The pond is super clear. Super DUPER clear. I am so happy about the way this Skippy filter has lived up to its reputation. Not that I was worried, because I wasn't, but it did cost a chunk o' change to put together, not to mention all of Steve's hard work, so I'm really glad it's working so well.

The sky, on the other hand, is very, very not clear. The smoke is thick. Thankfully, none of us are having breathing problems, but the eyes are itchy & scratchy. At about 7pm, when the sun was still well high in the sky, the smoke was so thick that it darkened everything. Made me wonder what those poor Herculaneuns and Pompeians must have been thinking when it was their turn. It looks almost like there's a solar eclipse. The sun is bright red-orange set against a solid mat of gray.

0 comments: